Sunday 18 January 2009

All Talk 35 - The Universe Suffered Boredom Says The BNP

HUTCHBACK

So, who maps this Universe business?

DR. NOSTRUM

(trying to concentrate on become younger) What Universe is that? Oh, you've got the second bit of the Universe.

HUTCHBACK

Something quite (pause) remarkable. That in, well, I guess (very long pause) nought point nought, nought, nought, nought etcetera, etcetera, for 43 nought's, one, of a second.. Between 0.000 43 zeroes, one of a second and 0.00000 35 zeroes, point one of a second...

DR. NOSTRUM

Yeah

HUTCHBACK

...the Universe expanded from the size of a pea to the entire size of the Universe that we can visibly see.

DR. NOSTRUM

How do they know that?

HUTCHBACK

Good question! They don't say how they know it, but they know it.

DR. NOSTRUM

See, I actually think - I wonder about this, and I wonder about this thing, this thing they're doing in Cern – is that, if they're about to create the universe, isn't that a bad idea?

HUTCHBACK

Yeah. Well, it would be, especially if they create a whole load of, you know, new.. like, another earth – a very small earth, with very small human beings on it as well and all that.

DR. NOSTRUM

I'm getting heavier and heavier! I don't understand this, I even took my socks off. (WII 'communicates' with the DR in muted musical tones) Ok. (and again) No I don't, I want to get my age right. (HUTCHBACK laughs at the WII's refusal to assist the DR in getting his age down) I want to get my age sub-washing machine. (more WII) Ok. (He starts again)

HUTCHBACK

You see, all this Universe stuff, the first 20 minutes were very interesting, after the Big Bang...

DR. NOSTRUM

Mm-hmm

HUTCHBACK

...and then not much really happened for about 9 billion years, so, um, that's, you know? Actually, I'm being a bit unfair, I was being a bit unfair to the Universe there.

DR. NOSTRUM

What, it did it quicker?

HUTCHBACK

Er, no. When I said, when I said that nothing really interesting happened for the first 9 billion years, that's not strictly true.

DR. NOSTRUM

Ok.

HUTCHBACK

Er, in the first 200 million years, pretty much, nothing much happened.

DR. NOSTRUM

Mm-hmm.

HUTCHBACK

Then some stars appeared. After 200 million years.

DR. NOSTRUM

(wistfully) It's a long time isn't it?

HUTCHBACK

It's a hell of a long time for nothing to happen!

DR. NOSTRUM

Yeah, we get bored if nothing happens for about 25 minutes.

HUTCHBACK

Yeah.

DR. NOSTRUM

Can you imagine how bored...

HUTCHBACK

How bored the Universe must've been!

DR. NOSTRUM

Yeah.

HUTCHBACK

(imitates The Universe) "Whooahh, Fuckin' 'ell! (pause) Still just gas, (pause) still, bloody gas...

DR. NOSTRUM

...I can't, I can't get rid of this gas...

HUTCHBACK

"... I can't bear it, another 100 million years of this! (pause) Just loads of fucking gas"

DR. NOSTRUM

Oh well.

HUTCHBACK

Erm.

DR. NOSTRUM

Maybe, I suppose the Universe is a very patient place. I think.. I have a deep suspicion that almost all.. the sum of all human knowledge about everything can..

HUTCHBACK

Can be contained in one small pamphlet.

DR. NOSTRUM

Well, not just that, but, you know, the sum of human knowledge about everything, er, that actually isn't a human experience, is (pause) guesswork, it's complete rubbish, it's probably complete rubbish.

HUTCHBACK

Well, no, the.. they, they've, they, they, they're pretty, they're pretty g.. errrrrr...

DR. NOSTRUM

Well yeah, but how do we know?

HUTCHBACK

...they're pretty sure of this stuff.

DR. NOSTRUM

How.. Yeah they are, they.. I'm sure, they're dead sure, nothing happened for 200 Million years, and we know that because: Someone told us.

HUTCHBACK

It's cause it's in...

DR. NOSTRUM

It's written in the Guardian pamphlet

TOGETHER

...it's in the Guardian pamphlet.

HUTCHBACK

Written by the BNP:

DR. NOSTRUM

And then.. That's right, nothing happens for 200 million years, and then, er...

HUTCHBACK

And then...

DR. NOSTRUM

And then a white man with, errrr, a midland accent was invented.

HUTCHBACK

And then.. and then the darkies came over and started fucking up our country.

DR. NOSTRUM

Right. Which caused a lot of trouble for 6 billion years.

No comments:

Post a Comment