Sunday 18 January 2009

All Talk 15 - Music To Read By

01/12/08

Dr. Nostrum

You can put pictures up.

Hutchback

Yeah I know (the sound of a small dog barking interrupts him)

Dr. Nostrum

But how does that work? Is someone just sitting and they press play and then pictures just flash up occasionally?

Hutchback

Yeah

Dr. Nostrum

I actually though a podcast was just a radio show, so I didn't think... isn't it just a radio show.

Hutchback

A podcast is, in essence, a shit radio show, with no music.

Dr. Nostrum

Made by..

Hutchback

Actually, maybe we can put some music in, maybe that would make it more entertaining?

Dr. Nostrum

What music would you pick?

Hutchback

Mainly Bach, I'd say. I think that would be fitting...

Dr. Nostrum

Also Spracht Zarathustra is always a good one.

Hutchback

I think Gregor.. A bit of Gregorian chant; something to elevate the, uh, the mood somewhat. No, to raise the...

Dr. Nostrum

I bet the Gregorian...

Hutchback

...cultural bar.

Dr. Nostrum

...the Gregorian Chanting stuff probably never envisaged that there would actually be an industry, where people who weren't Gregorian Monks bought Gregorian Chants and listened to them.

Hutchback

If only they'd have fucking cashed in on it when they were...

Dr. Nostrum

Yeah, I mean, I don't imagine...

Hutchback

...back in Gregorian times.

Dr. Nostrum

...they did tours and concerts, did they?

Hutchback

No.

Dr. Nostrum

No.

Hutchback

No, they were...

Dr. Nostrum

So it was a marketing...

Hutchback

...hardly the Pop stars of their age.

Dr. Nostrum

...a marketing man's idea?

Hutchback

Yeah. (pause - becomes the marketing man) "Someone, somewhere, will listen to...

Dr. Nostrum

Will listen to it.

Hutchback

...this shit."

No comments:

Post a Comment